I've moved some images of Chris and Scott from the Gods gallery to the Lifestyle gallery, having decided that a guy standing there in his underwear is fine for a modeling portfolio but doesn't necessarily make him a "god." I've also added a few new images of old models to the Gods section, including these three.
My idea of what constitutes a photograph of a "god" is coming together more clearly. The pose is critical; I want these people to look like living statues. But I don't want them to be caricatures — I've had some models say things to me that suggest they think I'm going to stand them there in wrap-up sandals and with a ring of grape leaves on their heads. Not so. It's also not important that every "god" that I shoot has to be perfectly chiseled and good-looking. (Some gods were not attractive [Pan, Loki, Mars]). Basically, I'm learning that either a man can pose or he can't, and to that end, there are still a few guys in my gods gallery that may get cut, who don't look like gods at all, but just guys who are standing there naked. Specifically:
- Brian: http://www.sbarnesphotography.com/men/20070625Brian1.htm
- JC: http://www.sbarnesphotography.com/men/20071120JC1.htm
- Kevin: http://www.sbarnesphotography.com/men/20081228Kevin1.htm
- Jason: http://www.sbarnesphotography.com/men/20090212Jason1.htm
- Paul: http://www.sbarnesphotography.com/men/20081207Paul1.htm